Friday, May 29, 2009

We Still Got Nuttin

White House Press Briefing by Robert Gibbs on May 28th,

Q Thanks. And second, does the administration have a sense as to whether China is ready to cut banking ties with North Korea, as the U.S. and Japan are pushing?

MR. GIBBS: I know that actions surrounding infrastructure at both banks and ports is part of discussions that are being had in the process of dealing with the reaction to North Korea's actions over the past few days. The Chinese have been helpful in those discussions, but I don't want to get ahead of where the U.N. might be or where the individual government might be. But I think they -- I would characterize overall their actions and their reaction to the events of the past few days as being very helpful.

Q Does the administration want China to go beyond words of condemnation, though?

MR. GIBBS: Well, I think that's exactly what the countries are working on right now.


North Korea responded the next day by test-firing another short range missile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If I am unamused, your comment will not be posted.